Closes December 15th
WHO WE ARE
E3 Eco Group is growing, and we are looking for a smart, fun, keen learner to help us carry out our day-to-day operations as a Project Manager. E3 is an industry leader in green building programs such as LEED, Built Green and Passive House. While it isn’t strictly necessary that you know these programs inside and out, we are seeking someone who is sustainably-minded and has some experience managing projects, ideally in the construction or renovation space. Not sure if you have the right experience? Don’t worry, we provide some of the best in-house training and coaching.
WHO YOU ARE
At E3, Project Managers are one of the most vital parts of our business. Project Managers carry out the day-to-day task of delivering industry-best project work that E3 is well known for. Project Managers are often the first point of contact for our clients, so they tackle problems to the ground and get better results as they go. On top of this, Project Managers at E3 are great communicators – daily duties include answering internal and external queries, attending project meetings and ensuring certifications are done correctly. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the typical Project Manager duties:
- Ensuring all project stakeholders know the scope, deadlines and roadblocks associated with a project.
- Oversee the certification processes, ensuring the right things are getting done at the right time.
- Coordinate with others on the team on a daily basis.
- Work with Management to improve processes and procedures.
At E3, we are looking for the right person for our Project Manager role and this person has a few key personal attributes – is this you? First, you’ve got a working knowledge of project management concepts – scheduling, project financials, project controls, and ideally some knowledge of construction drawings and BC building code. Secondly, you aren’t just helping clients; you want to design more intelligent fixes for their problems as they require them – you want to be better. You are the type of person to take busy weeks in stride, and the regular stresses of project management don’t seem to impact you the way it does others – you keep a level head.
Lastly, our new Project Manager should share our values (if some or all of these describe you, we want to talk!), as these are the filter through which we put our daily decisions:
- Integrity: You believe in the work you do.
- Team: You help others do better.
- Industry Leader: You understand the past, present, and future.
- Sustainable in all things.
- Education: You are always learning.
- Purposeful: You focus on what matters.
Still Reading? Great! Here’s some of the minimum qualifications we are looking for:
- One or more sustainable construction industry certification types would be an asset (LEED Green Rater, EnerGuide, Built Green, Passive House, Energy Star, R2000, NetZero, Step Code).
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in Project Management.
- 1+ years’ experience in the sustainability/green construction industry preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving abstract.
- Access to a vehicle for visiting project sites.
- Must speak, read and write English expertly.
If some or all the above have piqued your interest, send us a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org including “Project Manager” and your name in the subject line.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week.