Closes December 15th
WHO WE ARE
E3 Eco Group is growing, and we are looking for a smart, fun and dedicated individual to assist with Commissioning projects. This person will confirm the building systems are designed, installed, and operate to meet our clients’ operational needs and the Engineer’s design intent. E3 is an industry leader in green building programs such as LEED, Step Code and Low Emission Green Buildings. While it isn’t strictly necessary that you know these programs inside and out, we are seeking someone who has experience with building mechanicals, is familiar with building construction, is comfortable working on large construction sites, is sustainably minded, and has an eagerness to learn. Not sure if you have the right experience? Don’t worry, we provide some of the best in-house training and coaching.
WHO YOU ARE
At E3, Commissioning (Cx) Site Testers carry out one of the most vital parts of our business: conducting reviews, inspections and testing on-site, providing photo documentation, and collecting accurate data to produce high-quality reports that E3 is known for. Cx Site Testers often communicate and interpret test results on site with Clients, using their problem-solving abilities to help Clients obtain better results as they go. Cx Site Testers at E3 are organized, punctual and reliable – daily duties include scheduling site visits and tests, keeping appointments, developing relationships and effective communication with Site Supervisors, and working with Project Managers to help complete project certifications on time. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the typical Site Tester duties:
- Conduct visual site inspections gathering and verifying data and taking digital photos.
- Performing site measurements, including ventilation air flow and building air tightness.
- Document data collected on site, and compile into reports.
- Assist with the identification and evaluation of energy efficiency measures.
- Coordinate with team members and Clients on a daily basis.
The right person for our Cx Site Tester role has a few key personal attributes – is this you? First, you’ve got the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet demands in a fast-paced industry. Secondly, you aren’t just a data collector; you strive to understand how the building systems work together and look for opportunities for improvement. You understand that buildings work best as a wholistic system, combining building science, energy efficiency and requirements of certification programs. Lastly, you are the type of person who seeks continual improvement and provides excellent customer service.
Our new Cx Site Tester should share our values (if some or all of these describe you, we want to talk!), as these are the filter through which we put our daily decisions:
- Integrity: You believe in the work you do.
- Team: You help others do better.
- Industry Leader: You understand the past, present, and future.
- Sustainable in all things.
- Education: You are always learning.
- Purposeful: You focus on what matters.
Still Reading? Great! Here’s some of the minimum qualifications we are looking for:
- 1+ years’ experience working within the fields of HVAC, plumbing or fire protection.
- 1+ years’ experience in Commissioning would be an asset.
- Relevant diploma/degree in mechanical engineering.
- Experience in residential energy auditing tools and techniques, including blower door testing and infrared thermography would be an asset.
- Experienced and comfortable visiting large construction sites.
- A strong aptitude for working with numbers, spreadsheets, and reports.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving abstract.
- Own vehicle required for visiting project sites.
- Must be physically fit and able to manoeuvre heavy equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must speak, read and write English expertly.
If some or all the above have piqued your interest, send us a resume at email@example.com including “Cx Site Tester” and your name in the subject line. This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week.