Are you ready?
The BC Energy Step Code is a Provincial standard enacted in April 2017 that provides an incremental and consistent approach to achieving more energy-efficient buildings. Step Code goes beyond the requirements of the base BC building Code when it comes to the Energy Code. It is the new version of the BC Energy Code. It establishes a series of measurable, performance-based energy-efficiency requirements for construction that builders must build to. These energy-efficiency requirements will be “stepped” up over the years, but the process to comply will remain the same.
The BC Energy Step Code uses a new, performance-based approach rather than the traditional prescriptive approach. The BC Energy Step Code does not specify how to construct a building, but provides energy-efficiency targets that must be met and lets the designer/builder decide how to meet them. To comply with the BC Energy Step Code, E3 Eco Group Energy Advisors must use energy modelling software and on-site air tightness testing to demonstrate that the constructed building meets the targets of the BC Energy Step Code. The new standard empowers builders to pursue
innovative, creative and cost-effective solutions.
E3 Eco Group can help you:
- We integrate with your team
- Benefit from our energy modelling experience
- Let us optimize your construction choice
- We’ll work with you to develop your “recipe”
- We understand local construction
- Streamline your air barrier details
- Flexible hours to meet your schedule
- Guide you through the Step Code process
- Leverage other programs beyond Step Code
Step 3 is becoming mandatory – what is your plan to get there?
Need help? Contact us today!