NEW OPENING – Closes July 15th
WHO WE ARE
E3 Eco Group is an industry leading consulting firm specializing in the performance and sustainability of buildings. Our core competencies include project management, energy modelling, air tightness testing and building science expertise.
We support our clients to fulfill green building programs such as LEED, Step Code and Low Emission Green Buildings, and deliver valuable services throughout the project’s lifecycle. We believe in creating a more sustainable future, providing opportunities for everyone and helping people and communities to thrive.
WHO YOU ARE
At E3, Site Testers carry out one of the most vital parts of our business; conducting blower door and commissioning tests on-site, providing photo documentation and collecting accurate data to produce high-quality reports that E3 is well known for. Site Testers often communicate and interpret test results on site with clients, using their problem-solving abilities help clients obtain better results as they go. On top of this, Site Testers at E3 are organized, punctual and reliable – daily duties include scheduling testing and keeping appointments, developing relationships with clients to establish rapport and working with Project Managers to help complete project certifications on time. Here’s a sneak peek at some of the typical Site Tester duties:
- Conduct visual site audits taking measurements, gathering data, and taking digital photos.
- Assist with the identification and evaluation of energy efficiency measures, calculation of potential energy savings and audit report preparation.
- Coordinate with team members and clients on a daily basis.
At E3, we are looking for the right person for our Site Tester role and this person has a few key personal attributes – is this you? First, you’ve got the ability to prioritize, multitask and meet demands – scheduling, performing testing and gathering information in a high-demand industry. Secondly, you aren’t just helping clients; you want to suggest more intelligent fixes for their problems as they require them – ideally you have the ability to understand the technical aspects of energy efficiency as they relate to construction details, building science and certification programs. Lastly, you are the type of person who is self-initiating and dedicated to finding the answers.
Our new Site Tester should share our values (if some or all of these describe you, we want to talk!), as these are the filter through which we put our daily decisions:
- Integrity: You believe in the work you do.
- Team: You help others do better.
- Industry Leader: You understand the past, present, and future.
- Sustainable in all things.
- Education: You are always learning.
- Purposeful: You focus on what matters.
Still Reading? Great! Here’s some of the minimum qualifications we are looking for:
- Experience in residential energy auditing tools and techniques, including blower door testing and infrared thermography would be an asset.
- 1+ years’ experience in the sustainability/green construction industry preferred.
- A strong aptitude for working with numbers, spreadsheets and reports.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving abstract.
- Own vehicle required for visiting project sites.
- Must be physically fit and able to manoeuvre heavy equipment up to 50 lbs.
- Must speak, read and write English expertly.
If some or all the above have piqued your interest, send us a resume at firstname.lastname@example.org including “Site Tester” and your name in the subject line.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week. We encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs. We believe in leadership at all levels, so no matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams you work with and our industry. We offer competitive pay, company paid benefits, flexible work options, a great company culture and the resources you need to advance your career with a clear vision for the future. When you join us, you help lead the change toward a more sustainable future.