Closes March 15
Who We Are
E3 Eco Group is an industry leading consulting firm specializing in the performance and sustainability of buildings. Our core competencies include project management, energy modelling, air tightness testing and building science expertise.
We support our clients to fulfill green building programs such as LEED, Step Code and Low Emission Green Buildings, and deliver valuable services throughout the project’s lifecycle. We believe a sustainable future creates opportunity for everyone and our work helps people and communities thrive.
Who You Are
At E3, Project Managers are one of the most essential parts of our business, carrying out the day-to-day tasks to deliver the industry-best project work that E3 is known for. In this role and working with our team, you will make a significant impact on buildings, human experience, and the environment. This person will ensure the right thing gets done by the right person at the right time. They will confirm the design will meet the performance and sustainability requirements, and that the design intent is fulfilled. Project Managers at E3 are driven, great communicators and guide their sustainability team through the various processes of design and development on projects.
Here’s a sneak peek at some of the typical Project Manager duties:
- Directing and informing design decisions, verifying building performance, and communicating results to project teams.
- Develop, direct and apply building performance strategies to integrate high-performance and sustainable building objectives.
- Develop clear and concise written reports that convey technical information, understanding of the client’s needs and objectives and recommendations to meet these objectives
- Direct and review early-stage design analysis, including energy modeling, air barrier strategy, emissions benchmarking and life cycle assessment.
- Direct the application and certification of green building rating systems, for example: LEED, Step Code, Low Emission Green Buildings and Net Zero.
- Coordinate and communicate requirements with architects and other consultants as required.
- Coordinate with the team of Energy Modellers, Site Testers, Field Technicians and other Project Managers on a daily basis.
- Successfully execute multiple complex projects.
At E3, the right person for our Project Manager role has a few key personal attributes – is this you? You understand construction drawings and specifications, building science and BC Building Code and have experience in managing projects, clients, timelines and budgets. You are self-directed and self-motivated with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, while leading small teams and maintaining excellent client relationships. You enjoy continuously learning, working more effectively, and enhancing your technical and professional skills. You are the type of person to take busy weeks in stride, and the regular stresses of project management don’t seem to impact you the way it does others – you keep a level head. Not sure if you have the right experience? Don’t worry, we provide some of the best in-house training and coaching.
Lastly, our new Project Manager should share our values (if some or all of these describe you, we want to talk!), as these are the filter through which we put our daily decisions:
- Integrity: You believe in the work you do.
- Team: You help others do better.
- Industry Leader: You understand the past, present, and future.
- Sustainable in all things.
- Education: You are always learning.
- Purposeful: You focus on what matters.
Still Reading? Great! Here’s some of the minimum qualifications we are looking for:
- One or more sustainable construction industry certification types (LEED Green Rater, EnerGuide, Built Green, Energy Star, R2000, NetZero, Step Code).
- Post-Secondary education preferred.
- 2+ years’ experience in Project Management.
- 1+ years’ experience in the sustainability/green construction industry preferred.
- Experience in residential energy auditing tools and techniques, including blower door testing and infrared thermography would be an asset.
- Experienced and comfortable visiting large construction sites.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving abstract.
- Access to a vehicle for visiting project sites.
If some or all the above have piqued your interest, send us a resume at email@example.com including “Project Manager” and your name in the subject line.
E3 is an equal opportunity employer in accordance with the Employment Equity Act, and we value diversity, welcoming people of all perspectives, strengths, skills, beliefs, and genders. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business needs.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours of work per week. We encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs. We believe in leadership at all levels, so no matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams you work with and our industry. We offer competitive pay, company paid benefits, flexible work options, a great company culture and the resources you need to advance your career with a clear vision for the future. When you join us, you help lead the change toward a more sustainable future.